postheadericon Execute orders

I do not like blogs. I do not like reading them, I do not like writing them, I do not like commenting or responding to comments on them. I do not like the word “blog.” That said, welcome to my blog.

I use Facebook, mostly to keep in touch with old friends of which I no longer reside within close proximity. I don’t use it as a platform to type or post every little opinion, daily experience, or lingering thought. I was introduced to MySpace in 2005 for the same reason, but left shortly after (like everyone else, more or less). I do not, nor have I ever, had a Twitter account. I do not have a Pinterest or Instagram account. I just don’t find the minutae of other people’s daily lives, which many feel compelled to regularly post online, interesting, and I don’t believe others will find mine interesting, either. Maybe it’s a generational thing, maybe I’m just late to that party.

Anyway, the point is, this particular assignment will be a challenge for me, mostly since it’s for a course and will be evaluated by a professor or GTA for a grade and I will be censoring myself accordingly. I tend to write intentionally provocative, cynical, incendiary things when left to my own devices, which I will attempt to refrain from doing in this particular forum. So cheers, everybody. Here’s to a solid semester – other than this blog thing I am looking forward to this course and its implications and insights it has the potential to provide for my future.

One Response to “Execute orders”

• Karen P. DePauw:

I appreciate your concerns and post. I’d like to talk with you to clarify a few points in your post. I’ll also plan to talk more about the purposes and evaluation in class. thanks.