About me

Thank you for stopping by my blog page!

I am a 4th year PhD student at Virginia Tech studying interstitial fluid flow in Glioblastoma. I use MRI to measure flow and post-processing techniques to analyze how flow changes the brain microenvironment.

Background

I am a Hispanic, first-generation woman from Rio Rancho, New Mexico. I am a multi-generational New Mexican and I love my red and green chile. Most of my family resides in the Espanola valley, in Northern New Mexico towards Santa Fe. I graduated from Cleveland High School in 2014 and went on to pursue higher education.

I received my bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering from New Mexico Institute of Mining and technology (NMT) in Socorro, New Mexico. While at NMT, I slowly established my interest in fluid flow in biological systems. This interest stemmed from a few research experiences at the university, as well as external research experiences at Los Alamos National Laboratories and the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.

Future Aspirations

One of my favorite parts of my PhD has been to mentor driven undergraduate students interested in research. I love having lots of experiments that I’m working on, collaborative environments, and writing.  Right now, I plan to pursue a postdoc, with the long term goal of leading my own research laboratory.