Piktochart: A Quick Fix

I can finally say I am FINISHED with my Interface Interrogation for my Writing & Digital Media class! If you have read any of my recent posts, you are well aware of how this project has been consuming my thoughts and time. As discussed in my last post, in my early stages of drafting I was struggling with finding a clear direction for my analysis. One of the requirements of the assignment was to post our analysis on Google Sites, which forced me to address my organization issue. By putting it online, I realized that I could break down my writing into different sections to make it more readable. Now that I am finally finished, I am glad that I posted my writing online because it helped provide structure for my paper.

However, a requirement for this assignment was to not only publish the interrogation on the web, but to use Google Sites to do this. This is the first time I have ever used Google Sites, and I did not enjoy it. I found it very ironic that I published writing that analyzes the usability of an interface (Piktochart) on a website that is not user-friendly (Google Sites). Google Sites is not only difficult to use; it is also counter-intuitive and extremely frustrating to edit and manage. I am glad I am familiar with HTML because if I wasn’t I would’ve had an even more difficult time using this interface. Fortunately, I was able to use a clean, minimalist design to allow my writing to speak for itself. Click here if you want to check it out!

Leave a Reply

Be the first to leave a comment!