As mentioned in my previous post, I am in the process of learning how to effectively interrogate interfaces. After reading, exploring, and discussing material on interface analysis in my Writing & Digital Media class I am now required to conduct my own analysis. When I first received this assignment, I was excited to tackle the task and learn more about writing and design. However, I am in the process of writing my third analysis because I am continually and repeatedly unsatisfied with the analyses I am producing.
My first take at analysis was very rough, collecting information and screenshots to present in my writing and presentation. Although I found and wrote important information relating to the interface, my research was extremely unguided and organized. I told myself this was alright, and I would tackle the organization component in my second draft. However, I decided that my writing would be better guided and more effective if I neglected my first draft and started from scratch. Although I was starting with a clean slate in Microsoft Word, I was still incorporating a lot of the information I had gathered during my first analysis. After writing my second draft, I am yet again disappointed in the outcome.
Part of my assignment includes placing my interrogation on Google Sites. I chose a clean, professional template so that my text and images could speak for themselves. I did not want the Google Sites interface interfering with my analysis. The template I chose is organized into three separate interior pages. I decided to continue with this template by dividing my writing into three different sections, Usability, Intro, and Options. Although the page names need work, I think this is a good start. Organizing my paper into sub-problems has helped me think in a different way and will hopefully assist me in finalizing a thorough analysis.