Wisdom Teeth Worries

Hello my fellow contributors to the Noosphere,

I am going to start off this blog┬ásort of┬ádivulging into my personal world. Just a few days ago I had ALL four wisdom teeth pulled and I have been swollen like a chipmunk and on a constant rotation of medications for pain and to prevent infection. I decided that despite being swollen and not able to perfectly articulate when I speak, I still wanted to teach my classes this past week. I was anxious and nervous that the students would be slightly harsh, I would hear whispers and jokes, and that the students would be angry and feel I was wasting their time if they couldn’t clearly hear the lesson I was trying to get across that day.

I really learned how amazing, compassionate, and mature my students are when given the opportunity. The fact that I had to relinquish more power to them then usual, due to my current condition, really showed me that they are more then capable of not abusing that power and truly flourish in such a situation. I am very interested in further learning how to incorporate learner-centered teaching and changing the environment of my classroom. I look forward to seeing more examples come alive in the days and weeks to come. Now off to more medication and rest,……