Ge Zhou's foundation design blog
RSS icon Email icon
  • Library–find the way

Posted on October 17th, 2012 Ge No comments

Today we did a library exercise. I picked out industrial design as my focus to look for books at the library. It was hard for me to find the aisle the first because it wasn’t totally alphabetically ordered. Based on the number that I got, I could locate the area fair quickly. I chose a book that is wrote by Clay, and it’s called ” all the beautiful things”. It is a really interesting book to me because ¬†after I started at college and this foundation class, I found myself finding beauty more often than before. I feel like I am looking at everything form a different lens. That book shows similar ideas. I didn’t have any paper with me to write down or draw out the route to get to my book, which was a mistake. I ended up telling my partner step by step. When I followed her to get the book, she missed the aisle at first because I gave her too much information and that confused her. However, after she found the right aisle, it’s easy to find the book. Based on that experience, it’s helpful to a visual image like a map and the number that labels the book is a great help also.

1 responses to “Library–find the way” RSS icon