Mentoring is a development partnership by which one can share knowledge, information, skills, thoughts, and experience with others.
Mentoring gives us an opportunity of being interacting with society, cooperating with others, achieving goals, and addressing issues.
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” John C. Crosby.
I read about ASME Mentoring Program. ASME member said “I am learning from the experience of seasoned engineers; I wish I had this a long time ago”.
Mentors have an opportunity to do that:
- Give back to your profession,.
- Share your experience, knowledge and skills.
- Connect with a younger generation.
- Benefit from your mentee’s insights.
Mentees connect with experienced mentors can have an opportunity to learn that:
- Provide career-guiding insight.
- Help in solving engineering problems.
- Expand your networking opportunities.
- Help you navigate early-career.
Visit go.asme.org/mentoring for more details.
P.S: ASME means American Society of Mechanical Engineering.