About the blogger…

Who am I?

I guess that is a pretty serious question. I am a lot of things. I am a husband and a father. I am a PhD student. I like…science? OK, OK…I can do better than that. I like a lot of things. I like insects, dinosaurs, zombies, fencing, hiking, backpacking, camping, comics, video games, gardening, brewing beer, pretending that I know something about wines, cooking, beards, running, and getting the occasional fist-bump or high five. I spent many years trying to go to the Olympics, but then some guy (I guess he was a surgeon or something) had to go and cut my arm open, so I stopped trying to do that. True story. I spent something like a decade working with laboratory mice. I have no idea what I was thinking. I like just about every type of food imaginable, and I really like spicy food. Like Thai hot kinda spicy. I guess I am really not a picky eater. OK, I ate jellyfish once, and was not impressed, but it was more of a ‘meh’ than an ‘oh gross’. I suppose I dislike some things too. I hate folding laundry. Seriously. Hate. It. I mildly dislike washing dishes. I am pretty ambivalent about TV. There are some good shows, but if I never got to watch TV again for the rest of my life, I would be fine.

So there. That pretty much sums it up. I am going to try to post stuff about science, like fun facts, interesting websites, hilarious comics, and maybe some occasional thoughts that get stuck in my head. Enjoy (or not…your call).