Go Racers!

Just a quick note to report that I am settling in well to my new home in Murray, KY.  The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of paperwork, but it appears that I’m now a resident of “The Friendliest Small Town in America”.

Friendliest Small Town in America

I’m also settling well into the university.  I have an office and a lab, a faculty ID, and wonderful coworkers.

I’m staying busy writing syllabi, tests, assignments, and lectures.  I’m also working on completing required and supplemental trainings and preparing papers and manuscript submissions as I anticipate the demands on the tenure track.

I’ve explored my beautiful campus and town.  Have shopped for necessities.  Have learned how to cook on an electric stove (I previously had a gas range, so things like, “preheating” are new to me).  I’ve found the nearest craft and thrift stores.  And I’ve learned where to find the best pizza in town.

Now, it seems, the only thing left to do is to keep moving forward and to bask in the glory of being fortunate enough to have found my dream job.

Go Racers!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.