Proposal Update

Happy to be done with the revision of my proposal! I reworded my argument and added a significant amount of new material to my historiography. I realized as I added a “Sex, Marriage, and Scandal” section to my bibliography just how much reading I still have to do. But I think that books and articles from that particular section will be fun to read Smilie: :)

I looked at William Paxton’s proposal as a reference. I liked the structure he used for his chapter outlines and bibliography. I referenced his proposal since his subject is close to mine. I’m sure more will change about my proposal in the Fall, but for now I am satisfied with it.

Category(s): Uncategorized

2 Responses to Proposal Update

1. I have quite a bit of reading still to do at this point too- I think that’s pretty normal at this stage. Sounds like you are off to a good start for summer research though. Congrats on finishing your proposal!

2. Looking forward to hearing how your new reading goes..and what you find out about “group love” in your research. I’m very excited to read your proposal this week!