The Beginning of Summer and Nottingham

I bet you thought I was never going to return. I did. The last few weeks have been really crazy for me. I started doing my summer research full-time. This included leading a couple of undergrads and I volunteered myself to write a couple of programs. I also moved out of my apartment and into storage. Since my lease ends while I’m in Nottingham for the summer, I had to come up with a backup plan for storage. It is nice to have it all done so I won’t have to worry about it once I get back. Add a last minute trip to Chattanooga to top it all off and let’s just say I was more stressed than I’ve been in a while. Somehow my to-do list never seemed to decrease in size no matter how much work I did. I still did manage to squeeze in a little fun though.

I’ve enjoyed the hikes around Blacksburg, and after many trips to the Cascades, I got to explore Barney’s Wall as well. After taking a wrong turn and then realizing the hike was 2 miles longer than anticipated, we were pretty tired! The view was well worth it though.

2014-05-24 13.06.08

Many more cookouts were had, including a breakfast-themed one at the St. Jeans’ house.

2014-05-28 18.37.29

I’ve never been one to crash weddings, but I must say it’s a lot of fun! Tom, Ari, Jon (left to right) and I were invited by the bride to crash the wedding. It was pretty exciting! We had a lot of fun dancing and hanging out and eating loads of candy.

2014-05-31 19.50.03

A couple of pictures from our weekend in Chattanooga. I finally got to take everyone to Food Works, one of my favorite restaurants. The food is delicious!

2014-06-14 14.19.032014-06-15 11.47.39

After 13 hours of traveling and a lot of crying children, the group made it to Nottingham. After another couple hours of wandering, we found our dorm. It didn’t disappoint! it looks straight out of Harry Potter. We have rooms to ourselves that are pretty nice and spacious. So far, we’ve just been adjusting to the time change and getting our grocery situation set up. i’m not sure how far away the grocery store is, but it takes about 2 hours to go there and back for a quick trip.  Below, you can see our dorm, and a fun sign that I saw on my run this morning. I’ve been twice in two days, and I think I finally have the basics. You can’t buy too much in one trip since we’re walking for so long!

Tomorrow is our first day of work…a little excited, a little nervous about it all!

2014-06-21 16.27.34 2014-06-22 11.13.06