Quick Reference: Here are some links to often-sought references (beyond those listed in the Bibliography) and answers to frequently-asked questions:
- K. Obenberger & J. Dowell, “LWA1 RFI Survey“, LWA Memo 183, December 16, 2011.
- J. Dowell, “Parametric Model for the LWA-1 Dipole Response as a Function of Frequency“, LWA Memo 178, Feb 11, 2011. This is our best guess at the standalone and mean power patterns of the LWA1 dipoles. Note that the pattern of individual dipoles in the station array are considerably altered by the mutual coupling; see Ellingson (2011) for details.
- S. Ellingson, J. Craig, and J. Hartman, “LWA-1 Antenna Position and Cable Data”, Ver. 3, LWA Memo 170, December 9, 2010.
- G. Taylor, J. Dowell, Y. Pihlstrom, and J. Craig, LWA Data Management, LWA Memo 177. Explains policy about how data is collected, distributed to users, archived, etc.
- S. Ellingson, “LWA Station-Level Observing Procedure and Associated Metadata”, Ver. 5, Apr 13, 2011. Also known as “MCS0030”.
- S. Ellingson, “LWA Station-Level Metadata”, Ver. 5, Apr 13, 2011. Also known as “MCS0031”.
- J. Craig, Long Wavelength Array Station Architecture, Ver. 2.0, LWA Memo 161, Feb 26, 2009. This is the most recent version, which was approved at PDR, so it is a little bit dated. Even though various details have changed, it remains a reasonable introduction to the overall design of the instrument.
- C. Wolfe, S. Ellingson & C. Patterson, “MCS-DR Storage Unit“, Sep 23, 2009. Also known as “MCS0019”. Explains how to build a DRSU. WARNING: The precise components used change over time; contact Chris Wolfe for the most recent parts list.
- UNM’s LWA Software Library (LSL) software for observation definition and data reduction/analysis