Science papers submitted/accepted that use LWA1 data:
- S.W. Ellingson, T.E. Clarke, J. Craig, B.C. Hicks, T.J.W. Lazio, G.B. Taylor, T.L. Wilson and C.N. Wolfe 2013, “Observations of Crab Giant Pulses in 20-84 MHz using LWA1“, Astrophysical Journal, in press.
- J.F. Helmboldt, T.E. Clarke, J. Craig, S.W. Ellingson, J.M. Hartman, B.C. Hicks, N.E. Kassim, G.B. Taylor, and C.N. Wolfe, “Passive over-the-horizon radar with WWV and the first station of the Long Wavelength Array“, Radio Science, submitted.
Want to learn more about LWA1? Trying to determine the most current/authoritative references? Here’s what we currently suggest:
- S.W. Ellingson et al. 2013, “The LWA1 Radio Telescope“, IEEE Trans. Ant. & Prop., in press
- G.B. Taylor et al. 2012, “First Light for the First Station of the Long Wavelength Array“, J. Astronomical Instrumentation, 01, 1250004 (2012) [20 pages] DOI: 10.1142/S2251171712500043
- J. Craig, “Commissioning, Operations, and Early Results for the LWA1 Radio Observatory“, URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Boulder, CO, Jan 4, 2012. Includes some additional science results not reported in the “First Light” memo (LWA Memo 185).
- S.W. Ellingson, “Results from LWA1 Commissioning: Sensitivity, Beam Characteristics, & Calibration“, URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Boulder, CO, Jan 4, 2012. Additional details about beam shape and sidelobes not reported in above documents.
- S.W. Ellingson, “How to Observe with LWA1“, LWA Users Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, May 12, 2011. An overview of LWA1 from a user’s perspective. Includes a FAQ list.
- S.W. Ellingson, “Sensitivity of Antenna Arrays for Long-Wavelength Radio Astronomy“, IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 6, June 2011, pp. 1855-1863. astro-ph (preprint) version. Detailed description of the LWA1 antenna system and discussion of electromagnetic issues including mutual coupling. Estimates of sensitivity calculated from a system model.
- M. Soriano, R. Navarro, L. D’Addario, E. Sigman, D. Wang, “Implementation of a Digital Signal Processing Subsystem for a Long Wavelength Array Station“, Proc. 2011 IEEE Aerospace Conf., Big Sky, MT, March 5-12, 2011. Detailed description of the LWA1 digital processing system.
- S.W. Ellingson, T.E. Clarke, A. Cohen, N.E. Kassim, Y. Pihlstrom, L. J Rickard, and G.B. Taylor, “The Long Wavelength Array“, Proc. IEEE, Vol. 97, No. 8, pp. 1421-1430, Aug 2009. Overview of the LWA concept (of which LWA1 is the first piece). Good for general background and intent, but was written while LWA1 was still in development, and is really more focussed on “LWA” without the “1″ (the someday multi-station aperture synthesis imaging instrument).
Other places where useful documents may show up: