Class

Progress 4/24

What I Did Why I Did It Made my presentation I figured the best way to showcase my work on this project was via Powerpoint. My plan is to have everyone open the webpage at the beginning so they can see everything I reference as I talk about it in the presentation. I also provide…

Progress 4/22

What I Did Why I Did It Added normalize.css Since I finished the bulk of my project last week, I wanted to focus on making the page work on multiple browsers, since the students in this class probably don’t all use Google Chrome (the browser I was testing the site on as I worked on…

Progress 4/17

What I Did Why I Did it Played with normalized css So, many browsers set default styling, so I decided to play around with using a CSS file that would normalize all styles for all browsers. I implemented it but need to correct my own style.css file now to match how I want the webpage…

Revision Plan, 4/15

Revision Plan Strengths The strengths of the project were the web design aspect of it, the design/color of the chatroom, and the added interactivity at the bottom of the page. They both thought it was unique that it was set up on an actual live website, and liked the scrolling capabilities of the chatroom. They…

Progress Report, 4/10

What I Have Accomplished I have the rough draft of my website chatroom finished. Last class, Professor Gardner (luckily) alerted to me the fact that my website was unresponsive (i.e. the images began to overlap as viewport sizes changed and it stopped resembling a chatroom webpage). I used elements on my graphics to allow them…

Progress 4/3

What I Did Why I Did it Got into the thick of my chatroom My chatroom isn’t complete yet, but I’m near the end; more specifically, I’m at the part where users start getting booted (killed). For this, I have the corresponding murderers booting the corresponding victims. Each user types in a different color for…

Progress, 4/1

What I Did Why I Did It Made outline of project I made an outline to give myself a little bit of direction during this project. Since there’s a lot of things I need to keep track of, an outline would help orient what needs to be done for this project. I listed characters, tools…

Progress, 3/27

What I Did Why I Did It Began collecting images I need images of the GoT characters in costume to create my avatars for the chatroom. After consulting Professor Gardner, I used Google images to find pictures. This was the easiest way to find pictures of the characters in costume, since a Creative Commons search…

Progress, 3/25

What I did Why I did it Researched FakeConvos.com I found that FakeConvos.com can only allow conversations of two people. This obviously is a huge pitfall, since the red wedding scene has a myriad of different characters. I’m going to examine the site more and see if there is some sort of workaround- otherwise I…

Progress on Project 3, 3/18

What I Did Why I Did It Chose Game of Thrones “Red Wedding” Scene for my story This short scene during season 2 of Game of Thrones rocked viewers everywhere; it was intense, violent and extremely surprising. I loved the scene and believe it would be very fun, interesting and appropriate to remix. Decided to…