The GRDP is a program administered by the GSA to provide monetary support for degree contingent research conducted by Virginia Tech graduate students. This funding opportunity is available to graduate students twice a year in two cycles for each Academic Year.
Using the Outstanding Dissertation Award as a guide, we guarantee 4 winning applications to students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and 4 winning applications to students in the Social Sciences, Business, Education, and the Humanities. The remaining winners (usually 6-8 more applicants) will be the next-best, regardless of the field.
GRDP Fall 2017
The Fall 2017 cycle for GRDP will open at 12:00 am on Wednesday, October 18th, and will close at 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 25th. You can access the application at bit.ly/GRDP-fall2017-apply.
Before you apply, be sure to look over the application materials and instructions. If you’d like to know what a winning GRDP application looks like, here are some example applications from past winners.
- Up to $750 for selected Masters proposals
- Up to $1,000 for selected Doctoral proposals
Who Can Apply?
All full-time registered graduate students enrolled at Virginia Tech are eligible to apply. Due to the high number of applicants, a graduate student may not receive more than one GRDP award per academic year. Assistance through the GRDP is competitive and awarded based on a review process to help ensure fair decisions.
SPRING 2017 GRDP RECIPIENTS
- Alexandra Nagurney | PhD student in the Department of Geosciences
- Alyssa Gatto | Master’s student in the Department of Psychology/Clinical
- Ashish Agrawal | PhD student in the Department of Engineering Education
- Christopher Griffin | PhD student in the Department of Geosciences
- Edgar Macal | PhD student in Translational Biology, Medicine, and Health
- Fadoua El Moustaid | PhD student in the Department of Biological Sciences
- FNU Anisha | Master’s student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Krista Koeller | Master’s student in the Department of Geosciences
- Lilia Antezana | Master’s student in the Department of Psychology
- Mary Sketch | Master’s student in the Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation
- Omchand Mahdu | PhD student in the School of Public and International Affairs
- Putu Apriliani | PhD student in Government and International Affairs
- Qualla Ketchum | PhD student in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering
- Roderick La Foy | PhD student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Sarah McCoski | PhD student in the Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences
- SeungBeum Suh | PhD student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Sydney Hope | PhD student in the Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation
- Wendi Li | PhD student in the Department of Chemical Engineering
- Yeonwoo Leibovitz | PhD student in Translational Biology, Medicine, and Health