1st Delegate Meeting: THURSDAY, September 24th
- 5:30 – 7:00 PM, GLC Multipurpose Room
- Each graduate department is granted up to two (2) delegates who serve as representatives to the Graduate Student Assembly. We are holding our first delegate meeting THIS THURSDAY.
- Dinner will be provided, so just bring yourself.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to grab dinner before the meeting begins – we have a lot to get through!
GSA is Now on Google Groups
- This year, all university student organization list serves were moved to a google list-serve. We are therefore, in the process of moving away from the scholar site and moving to a Google-based list serve and document sharing.
- If you are a department representative AND have NOT received an email from the Google list serve by TUESDAY, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “GSA delegate” in the subject line to let us know so we can add you to the list serve.
Program Chair Applications Are Closed
- Thank you to all of those who sent in their applications for the GSA Program Chair! We were excited by this year’s pool of applicants. Applications are now closed and interviews are in the process of being completed.
- Look for our final decisions BEFORE the 1st GSA delegate meeting.
GSA Officers Visit 30+ Departments
- As part of our outreach campaign to raise awareness and visibility of the GSA, members of the Executive Board (and a few other volunteers) went out to spoke to graduate department orientations in the first weeks of classes.
- This fall, the Executive Board officers attended over 30 graduate department and program orientations to discuss how the GSA is serving the needs of graduate students at Virginia Tech.
- We are so grateful to have this opportunity to speak with such a diverse group of graduate students. Please thank all of your graduate coordinators who allowed us to speak with you!
1st Delegate Meeting: What to Expect
Don’t forget, our first delegate meeting will be THIS THURSDAY from 5:30-7:00 PM in the GLC Multipurpose Room.
At the first delegate expect the following:
- an introduction of all Executive Board officers, advisors, and Dean of the Graduate School, Karen DePauw;
- discussion and approval of the GSA 2015-2016 budget;
- overview of Program Chairs;
- overview of appointments to Commissions and Committees; and
- discussion of the creation of standing judicial committee.