Taylor Mundays blog for ENGL 3844
RSS icon Email icon
  • Random Musings

I like to listen to music while I work. In fact, I find it very difficult to sit down and complete assignments without listening to music. That said, my creative process can sometimes (often) be random and distracting.

For example, listening to “Island State of Mind” by Jesse Rice reminds me of being in Jamaica. Thinking about Jamaica reminds me of laying on the beach. Thinking about being on the beach makes me think of Myrtle Beach, because I plan to go to Myrtle with my friends this coming summer. Thinking of being at Myrtle with my friends makes me think about the shark on Shark Tracker named Mary Lee, because she frequents that area. There’s sharks in Finding Nemo. I love Finding Nemo. Hmm, maybe I could use Finding Nemo for the Remix a Story assignment?

See? Random and distracting.

I plan to post song lyrics, quotes, pictures, etc. that I am inspired by as I’m working. Or that I’m distracted by. Either one.

I thought it might be fun to keep a running tab of what I’m thinking about while I’m working for this class. It might provide a unique look into my mind for viewers, as well. I plan to look back at the end of this process and see where my mind went during the semester. I think it will be interesting to see if I come back to the same song, quote, poem, or image and, if so, how often that happens.

I’m acknowledging that this is an experiment of sorts, and I’m very excited for the results!