- December 11: Connecting Beginning Farmers to Farmers Markets – A Virginia Beginning Farmer & Rancher Coalition Program webinar | To participate in this webinar, please go to: http://connect.ag.vt.edu/access2farmersmarket/ at 3:00 pm EST
- December 12: Food Banks as Regional “Good Food” Partners – an NGFN Webinar | Register
- December 19: 8 Steps to Becoming a Reporting Rockstar by Stephanie Evergreen PhD, Evergreen Evaluation and Data sponsored by SNEB Communication Division | Register
- Virginia Farm to Table Conference: Healthy Food and Vibrant Farms for the Common Wealth and Common Good. Dec. 4-5, 2013 in Weyers Cave, VA. Information and Registration
- NGFN Food Hub Collaboration National Food Hub Conference. March 26-28, 2014 in Raleigh, NC.Proceedings from the 2012 National Food Hub Conference.
- Abstract Submissions Now Being Accepted: The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior is accepting abstracts for oral or poster presentations at the 2014 Annual Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin June 28 – July 1, 2014. They are interested in abstracts about research, and/or programs that relate to behavior change and food choice, any area of nutrition education, and especially those that incorporate the conference theme: Nutrition Education Impact: Local to Global.
1. Apply for the Emerson National Hunger Fellowship Program. Program participants gain practical experience fighting hunger and poverty through placements in community-based organizations across the country, as well as policy experience through placements in Washington, D.C. Visit their website for more information. Applications are due January 13, 2014.
- Agriculture Innovation Prize Launched: Are you an undergraduate or graduate student in the United States with an idea that could improve the global food system? A 2-page business plan, and a presentation with up to 10 slides, could win you the first Agricultural Innovation Prize. Proposals are due 28 February. A first round of judging will select 25 teams, which will then be matched to mentors from academia, industry, or government to help them expand the pitch. On 25 April, five teams will be awarded prizes ranging from $15,000 to $100,000.
- WealthWorks Training for Coaches and Coordinators: WealthWorks is a systems approach to development that connects community assets to meet market demand in ways that build lasting livelihoods and upward mobility. Full Training: December 2013 to September 2014. View the training brochure or register now for the full training.